A global biopharmaceutical company is looking for an experienced pharmaceutical physician with immediate availability to head Medical Affairs activities in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The chosen candidate will get a unique opportunity to design, develop and implement their vision of medical affairs and clinical development strategies in a young organisation.
- A competitive daily rate during the interim period of up to 6 months;
- An opportunity to switch to a permanent role with attractive compensation package;
- A new challenge and prospects of career progression within a growing company;
- A high level of responsibility and creative freedom.
- Medical Degree (MD, MBBS or equivalent);
- At least 6-7 years UK experience in Medical Affairs and Clinical Development;
- Experience in an operational management and leadership role;
- Working knowledge of all areas of product development (pre-clinical development, clinical trial management, post-launch activities, regulatory affairs and GCP);
- Strong existing professional relationships with Key Opinion Leaders in the fields of Hepatology is highly desirable;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with capability and confidence to address the audiences on a wide variety of scientific topics;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office tools);
- Prepared to travel locally and internationally (up to 30%).
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement medical strategies to achieve maximum competitive advantage for company’s products;
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining professional relationships with scientific community (physicians, key opinion leaders, scientific societies, etc.), policy makers and other relevant stakeholders;
- Hold accountability for clinical development tactics and implementation of assigned programs;
- Ensure scientific accuracy and consistency of medical documentation and clinical educational activities;
- Ensure timely and cost efficient conduct of clinical development programs;
- Oversee staffing, training and development to meet business needs and deliver quality services;
- Reporting to the VP of International Medical Affairs.